How to Remove Background from Photos in iOS 16 on iPhone
This article will teach you how to remove background from photos in iOS 16 on iPhone. If you are interested then keep reading this article till the end.
Good news for every iPhone user out there, finally latest iOS 16 has been released and this iOS 16 is really amazing and has countless unique and amazing features. One of my favorite features of iOS 16 is its ability to remove background from photos.
So, if you have found yourself in a situation where you need to remove the background from an image then you often need to use any third-party apps like Photoshop or any other photo editors but now need to flood your device with such apps anymore since Apple’s new iOS 16 allows you to do it without any apps.
This feature of iOS 16 is currently the most popular feature and people from across the globe are searching online about this feature so that they can start using this feature. So looking at the demand for this feature, I decided why not create a guide on removing background images in iOS 16.
This article has almost all the steps that are required to remove background from images in iOS 16 from iPhone. Well, let me also tell you what iPhone devices are supported by the feature.
iPhone models supported by background image removal in iOS 16
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 mini
How to Remove Background from Photos on iPhone (iOS 16)
So, to remove background from photos on your iPhone, the very first thing that you need to make sure of is whether your iPhone is running on the latest iOS update or not. Since this feature is only available on iPhone models that are running on iOS 16, so it’s mandatory to have the latest software version installed.
To check whether or not your iPhone is running on the latest version, all you need to go is go to Settings >> About Phone >> System update, and from there you can check whether your iPhone is running on iOS 16 or not and if it is not running on the latest version then go and first install the iOS 16 on your device and then you can follow the below steps.
Method 1) Remove Background images on iOS 16 from the photo app
So, in this method, you need to use the iPhone’s official photo app to remove background from photos on iPhone.
- The very first thing that you need to do is click your photo in case you don’t have any photos already.
- After that open the photo on the Photos app and then press and hold the subject that you want to save once you do that you will see a glowing effect appearing around the subject.
- Now you can drag and drop the subject and it is now all set, you can now send the subject to someone using iMessage as a sticker and it will work nicely.
- Another option is instead of drag and drop, simply just click on the copy or share option that appeared while you highlighted the subject.
Method 2) Use Safari to remove background images on iPhone
This is also a very easy and interesting method to follow, in this method you don’t need to open your photos app, or download any image on your iPhone.
- So, first of all, simply open the “Safari” browser, and then from there you need to search for any image that you want to send as a sticker or if you simply want to remove its background.
- So after finding the image, hold it and then you will see the option of “Copy Subject” just click on it.
- Now the image is saved in your clipboard and it is now ready to send.
- You can now send the image to your friends through Instagram, Whatsapp, or any other social media platforms.
Method 3) Steps to remove background from the image on iPhone iOS 16 using files app
We all have the files app option on our iPhone, so in this method, we will be using that method only to remove the background from the image on iPhone running on iOS 16.
- So in this method, first you need to open the Files app.
- Now head over to the photo that you are interested in removing the background.
- Once that is done, hold it and click on the last option that says “quick actions”.
- Once you click on it, you will see the option of “Remove background” so now simply tap on it.
This method will instantly remove the background of the image and now you can save the image as it is.
Alternate Method) Remove the background of the image via online websites.
So, if you are device doesn’t support this feature to remove BG images from photos then don’t worry there is an alternate method to do so. In this method, you just need to use a website known as remove.bg and once you open this website you don’t need to do any hard steps.
Just open the website and browse and select the image that you wish to remove the background of and that’s it. After doing so you will be able to remove the background of any image that you want.
So, that’s it everyone for this article, I hope this article helped you in learning background removal from images in iOS 16. If you are stuck or have any questions in mind then do ask us by dropping a comment below.